Total Pageviews

Sunday 2 September 2012

Response to MNW sent 29Aug due 31Aug

Dear Denise/Liz

thank you for the question/s, some good ones for the final week!

My responses to your questions are included below.
I have not yet made up my mind about preferences, but at the moment I am not inclined to be directing any, however I may change my mind (it will basically be how I think I would vote, which, Iamnot yet settled on).


Q:The extension of the Merimbula Airport runway (This is the extension not the repair)
A: I don’t see the value. We have better things to spend money on.

Q: Rebuilding Bega Town Hall (as opposed to refurbishment)
A: Heritage is worth preserving. If the Hall is of heritage value then it should be protected.

Q: Increasing the base rate to allow a lower ad valorem
A: No. This only benefits some at the expense of many with no obvious advantage to council.

Q: Staying within rate pegging
A: If council was well run, well planned and stuck to core business we should be able to stay within rate pegging. Anything else should be publicly justified and be in accordance with the plan for the shire.

Q: Extending the sewerage system to include Bemboka and Quaama
A: What have they been doing all this time?

Q: Changing the location of the Wolumla tip
A: If it’s feasible, I am in favour of it.

Q: Pambula hospital poll question - how are you voting - yes or no 
A: YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment